Conflict on latest Divi builder

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian 2 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts

htcmaarten

Hi Sebastian, I’ve updated my website and all plugins – but now I have two problems:
1) I cannot acces Microthemer anymore
(https://staging.ernestwright.co.uk/wp-admin/admin.php?page=tvr-microthemer.php cannot be reached)
2) In the backend, in the new Divi Builder a line of PHP appears
(home/scharen/staging/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/tvr-microthemer.php on line https%3A%2F%2Fstaging.ernestwright.co.uk%2F%26et_bfb%3D1′ />) is the displayed message.

Now, the guys at Divi say this is a plugin issue and cannot help with it. So, I turn to you. Can you help me? to view the website, you’ll need to login to the staging environment. I can provide the login details 2 you


Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry for the trouble. I can certainly help you with this if you can send access details via our secure contact form?

I’m going to be out for an hour or two. You may wish the temporarily disable Microthemer so that you can work in Divi until I fix this. I will enable it again when I login. Also, if you need to make some urgent edits in Microthemer please see the rollback option in My Downloads (it’s possible the conflict is just with the very latest version of MT).

Cheers,
Sebastian


Sebastian

Hey Maarten,

Thanks for sending access details. I’ve fixed this on your site now. I will release this in the next general update tomorrow 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian


htcmaarten

Wow. Now, this was at a staging website – so we cannot update on the live website for now. What caused the problem? (and what can I do on the live website to fix it?)


Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been travelling all day today. You can download the updated version here for your live site. I didn’t release a general update yesterday as I needed a bit more time to fully understand the issue and release a more permanent fix. I’m pretty shattered from travelling right now, but will prioritise this tomorrow.

There were actually two issues. I needed to Go to Microthemer > Preferences (stand alone page). And set the “Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading” to “No”. That made the Microthemer UI page load but didn’t get rid of the error message when editing a page in Divi. For that I needed to remove some code I recently added to strip Divi’s et_pub parameter from MT’s site preview URLs. This is desirable functionality as Divi tries to break out of MT (or any parent frame) if activated inside it, resulting in a completely blank page. But I need to tweak this code in order for it to be compatible with your server, which I will do tomorrow.

For now you can install the modified version of MT on your live site to get things working. And the next general release will include a better fix that maximises compatibility with Divi. If you could keep my access details for the staging site valid that would be very helpful – as I can use it to confirm everything is working on your server.

Thanks,
Sebastian


Sebastian

Update, I’ve just released version 5.5.2.2 which includes the optimum Divi fixes.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.