CSS for hiding image not working [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

fusion

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

In the site header here http://johndalemototrs.com.au the Tap2Call button should be hidden from desktop like so:

@media
(min-width: 1200px) {

/* =Free Trial Example Section 2
————————————————————– */

/* Tap2CallButton */
div#col-5-2 img {
display: none !important;
visibility: hidden !important;
}

Problem is it’s visible at every device resolution. It wasn’t that way last week and I don’t remember changing anything. Does that CSS look right? I disabled the plugin and used your PHP function to call the style sheet. Though I did that after discovering this problem.

Abland

Hi, fusion,

Try (max-width: 1200px;) for any screens under 1200px width – right now the min-width styles are for every screen over 1200px.

Actually, you’ll probably want to target smaller screens so set your max-width to your needs.

fusion

These are all set by the plugin not me. It was working fine as is until this week.

Abland

Hi, fusion,

I misunderstood what you were asking – you’re hiding it from larger screens. When your site is back up I’ll look closer.

… ah, typo in the url: http://johndalemotors.com.au/

I don’t see any reference to the media query in the developer tools.

Abland

Okay, the column is changed – it’s #col-20-2 while the code you posted is for #col-5-2

fusion

Many thanks for that…I updated the theme framework over a week ago and it must have been the cache files that held the previous css. I didn’t think of that at the time. Sorry about the typo. Well I learned a lesson about CDN’s from this. I am only new to using them. I went in and cleared the cache in the CDN control panel.

Thanks Again

Sebastian

Fusion, I’m glad you got to the bottom of this issue.

Abland, you absolute legend, thanks for stepping in on this. I’m away in Poland until June 29th (eve) but it will be easier for me to check further support issues over the next few days.

Thank you 🙂

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.