Do not know the right words – top border on #colophon element

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian 5 years, 4 months ago.

Author Posts


Hi, I would like to change the colour of the line above the colophon, but I can not get to the line, and I don´t know what it is called.
Do you have a dictionary what all the different elements are called? I can understand header and main body, but that´s it, I am afraid.

Inga-lill Cras, admin of


Do you mean the blue line above the “Inga produkter”?
I’m on mobile now, but it looks to me like BORDER (TOP BORDER) …


Hi, @lyllo

Yes, @zholy9 is right that it’s border-top but I see it’s the black border in the footer. This is the rule that’s controlling it:

#colophon {
border-top: 4px solid #000;

Sebastian has some excellent Tutorials that can help you get familiar with the terms and styling. Start under Learning HTML & CSS


Thanks for pitching in guys.

Yes, you can change the line using the border properties:

border properties



thankyou, I looked on Sebastians tutorial and I have found tutorials in Swedish, I will continue to learn!


That’s great Inga-lill. I’m here if you need me.


You must login or register to reply to this topic.