Elementor Integration Setting

Author Posts

nerdtech

hello, new user here so please be gentle if this question has been answered before…

i am using microthemer lite to test it out to see if it fits me before getting the pro version… i am having a problem with the elementor integration… i turn it on and it works fine but if i refresh the page the elementor integration setting is disabled, i have to keep re-enabling it.. also sometimes targeting mode turns off and i have to re-enable that as well…

can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to save the setting?

thanks…

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out – all perfectly valid questions.

1. An autoload switch for Elementor / Beaver Builder / Oxygen is coming soon. I started work on this and then realised it might cause problems if MT auto-loaded a builder on a page that should stay as a Gutenberg page, or another builder. I paused to consider the issue a bit more deeply, but then got distracted. I will return to it now that you’ve prompted me.
  2. Targeting mode should stay on unless manually turned off, so that sounds like a potential compatibility issue. If you can provide temporary access via my secure contact form for the site (or a staging copy of the site) I would be happy to troubleshoot this for you. You can use this handy plugin to provide access easily.

Cheers,
Sebastian

nerdtech

hello and thanks for your reply and explanation… yes it would be good if you could enable the setting to be saved as although it takes but a second to activate it this can get annoying over time… what happens for me is when i enable elementor integration the page refreshes to load in elementor but then targeting mode is turned off automatically…

thanks again…

Sebastian

I just realised my answer to point 2 was incorrect – it’s not a bug that MT targeting turns off when you enable Elementor, it’s by design.

MT’s targeting overlays override Elementor’s editing functionality. Normally the purpose of launching Elementor is to make changes to the content, and so it’s convenient if MT targeting turns off by default (for most use cases). There should be a notification at the top right of MT which explains that.

If you mainly want to make style changes with MT, do you need to activate Elementor? Could you not just style the frontend without having Elementor active? Or am I missing something about your workflow?

Also, I previously forgot to mention that to provide site access, you would send the login link via my secure contact form. But I don’t think I need access now anyway 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.