Error in WordPress [Content Encoding Error gzip]

Tagged: 

Author Posts

torweb

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I’ve purchased the developer license and installed it in my artistseer wordpress theme. When I click the Microthemer link in the dashboard the following error message is given:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Sebastian

Hi there,

I’m sorry you’ve encountered a problem so early on! What version of Microthemer are you using? It could be a co-incidence but I encountered that bug recently when I was testing out some new code. I didn’t think I released any versions with that problem, but perhaps I did!

Also, what version of WordPress are you using?

If you’re not working locally, please could you send me login details for your WordPress install so that I can troubleshoot this for you? You can use our secure pre-sales form: https://themeover.com/support/pre-sales-enquiries/

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

Sebastian

PS if you can access the Microthemer Preferences page, you could also try disabling the gzip option there.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.