Error writing to stylesheets [on new subsite of multisite]

Author Posts

phetefirst

Hi, I have a multisite and I’ve never had issues with microthemer on it before. My latest subsite is having trouble writing to its stylesheet. All other subsites are fine.
“Write stylesheet error
WordPress does not have “write” permission for: /wp-content/blogs.dir/21/micro-themes/active-styles.css ”
I have checked file permissions and that folder is set to 755. What would cause it to fail to write if file permissions are OK? Thanks!

Sebastian

Hey,

That’s strange that you’ve just started getting this error on one new site. Are you using the directory based multi-site, rather than subdomains? And are you using domain mapping? (which I think can cause issues).

I notice that you said the folder has 755 permissions. But does active-styles.css have 644 set? The error you referenced happens when Microthemer checks:

is_writable('active-styles.css')

On the file itself.

Cheers,
Sebastian

phetefirst

I really appreciate your reply. In the end I had to have a nice long chat with my hosting tech support. The file permissions were set properly, but there was some weird glitch that was causing all file permissions to get locked down, even though on my end they were set and appearing as they should. Once this was fixed, Microthemer is writing files properly. For anyone else who might be reading this, check those permissions, and if you have to, double check them with your host because they are not always as they seem! Thank you for your help.

Sebastian

Hey,

Many thanks for sharing your experience up on this. Permissions can be fiddly. I’m glad you managed to resolve it with your host.

Take care,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.