Google Font Selector Sucks – No Longer!

Author Posts

webdiner

Do you guys plan on updating the google font selection area? Right now it seems poorly designed. Why not put a search by name? Instead I have to choose sort alphabetically then try and guess where my font name is by choosing 1 of the 122 pages of fonts!? Makes no sense.

Please update this..

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree this needs to be improved. It’s been requested and has been in the queue for a little while. It’s turn is coming up very soon. I just need to finish off the new animation / transition properties first.

Please let me know if you have any other requests.
Cheers,
Sebastian

lombrano

Perhaps you could also add a list of already used google fonts, so that selecting an already used font is much quicker.

webdiner

Any update on when you expect to fix/improve/make-not-suck?

Sorry don’t me to be brutal, but I cringe every time I have to find a google font using this interface.

Sebastian

Hey, sorry to cause cringe pain! This is very next on the list after transition properties, which I’ve already done but am still testing before releasing as a general update. You can try the pre-release here if you’re curious: http://themeover.com/misc/microthemer.zip?v=2

I expect the Google fonts update to be rolled out in less than a month. I’ll post here when it’s done 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hi guys,

I’m very pleased to announce that the new Google fonts browser is live!

@webdiner
I took the liberty of updating your thread title. Please have a play with the new system and revert the title back if you don’t agree 🙂

I’ll release a video tutorial/run through of the new options after the weekend. But if you’re familiar withe Google’s own fonts browser it should make intuitive sense. MT uses most the same filters.

Cheers!
Sebastian

Abland

Very nice, Sebastian 🙂

When I hunt fonts I have to go to the Google site and sort through their visual selections to decide what I need, then return to Microthemer and select. Now it’s all in the interface and saves that external search.
It’s a time saver – well done!

webdiner

Thanks Sebastian!!!

Looks and works great. A MAJOR improvement!

Sebastian

I’m glad you think so!

Please let me know if you notice any scope for improvement.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.