Google Fonts Latin Extended character set [breaks in Firefox – RESOLVED]

Author Posts

balticsamurai

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi,

I’ve assigned Google Font “Oswald” that provides Latin Extended characters like “ķ, š, ģ, ā”. It works find for Chrome, but breaks up in Firefox. I’ve read that I need to add Latin Extended somewhere. Here is one of sources:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-google-fonts-latin-extended-missing-option

Could you point me in the right direction?
Here is URL to my demo site:
http://lina.silverbulletwebsolutions.com/

Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I’ll make it possible to set this preference on the preferences page in the next release. But if you want a quick fix for now, and you’re able to edit PHP files, you can change this code snippet on line 3734 in /wp-content/plugins/microthemer/tvr-microthemer.php:

wp_register_style( ‘micro’.TVR_MICRO_VARIANT.’_g_font’, $this->preferences[‘g_url’], false );

To:
wp_register_style( ‘micro’.TVR_MICRO_VARIANT.’_g_font’, $this->preferences[‘g_url’] .’&subset=latin,latin-ext’, false );

I’ll try to release an update for setting custom google font URL parameters on the preferences page if you get stuck with my suggested solution.

Cheers,

Sebastian

balticsamurai

Thanks, Sebastian, you’re amazing! It works like charm!

balticsamurai

Sebastian, has this function been added to latest update? After update I’m back to the same problem. Do I need to edit php files manually or is there a setting in Microthemer?

Sebastian

Hi there,

Sorry for not adding this as a preferences option like I said I would. I have now added this option on my development version of Microthemer. But do you mind if I hold of releasing it for a day or two?

Another customer has reported an issue with gradients on version 2.7.1. The issue may be with Microthemer and I may need to release an update. I’d like to avoid rolling out 2 updates in quick succession. Could you redo the above code update again for now? Rest assured that the preferences option has been added at my end and so there’s no way I can forget to include it in the next update!

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

balticsamurai

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your prompt reply. I can wait – site is not ready yet and judging by pace at which client provides content it’ll take a while 🙂 So, I’ll just wait for your update.

Sebastian

OK great. Thanks for your understanding!

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.