Having problems with latest Microthemer version

Author Posts

adkoen

Hi,
some code is not being generated in the end css. I think all the custom scss code I wrote. When there’s only one level, it works just fine.
I’ve already used the ‘Regenerate all CSS’ setting. This fixed some issues, but not what I just wrote.
What can I do besides rolling back to a previous version?
thanks,
Koen.

Sebastian

Hi Koen,

Would you mind sending me access details for your site via our secure contact form so I can investigate a fix for this?

You’re running MT with SCSS enabled right? There are currently some limitations with regards to the inline code editor (to the left of the Font property group). Only variables can be used there, not mixins, functions, or nested selectors. I’m looking at ways around this. Unrestricted SCSS can still be used on the full code editor (View > code editor).

Cheers,
Sebastian

adkoen

Sure Sebastian, sending you acces to it right now.
And yes, I’m loading an external scss sheet from the full code editor with mixins and nested selectors in it. It worked just fine with the previous version installed.

Sebastian

Thanks for providing access Koen. I’ve just released 5.5.1.9 which provides full support for SCSS in code editor to the left of the Font property group. I’ve installed this on your site and the SCSS code is being generated in active-styles.scss/css now.

Just in case you’re wondering, instant style previews aren’t supported when SCSS is enabled, because SCSS is still compiled via the PHP script we discussed in the past. And so a network request is still required. This may change in future, but for now, the only JS library for compiling SCSS is rather large in size. Although I haven’t tested it’s performance yet.

Cheers,
Sebastian

adkoen

Sebastian, once again, your support is just plain awesome, just like Microthemer itself. You even fixed the scss in the tiny code editor, on a weekend.
Yes I’m aware that I need to hit save (CMD+S) to see the changes when using SCSS. No problem at all. To me, perhaps not even necessary to have. I’m used to hit CMD+S in my local dev stack.
Thanks,
Koen.

Sebastian

You’re welcome Koen. Happy to help!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.