Been using microthemer on a website Yesterday and wanted to continue today but when I open Microthemer I get a HTTP 500 Error (both for admin bar/dashboard).
I can reach the website (it’s in ‘maintenance mode’) fine but as soon as I open Microthemer I get the HTTP 500 error. Opening another plugin through the admin bar works without the error, it’s just microthemer.
One thing you could try yourself first is going to the MT standalone preferences page (just under the Microthemer link in the WP side menu), and set the Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading option to “No”. And then try accessing the MT interface.
It’s strange that this problem only just started though. I guess it’s possible that your webhost changed the server configuration over night, so the PHP gzip feature isn’t supported anymore.