HTTP 500 error when opening Microthemer

Author Posts

pario

Been using microthemer on a website Yesterday and wanted to continue today but when I open Microthemer I get a HTTP 500 Error (both for admin bar/dashboard).

I can reach the website (it’s in ‘maintenance mode’) fine but as soon as I open Microthemer I get the HTTP 500 error. Opening another plugin through the admin bar works without the error, it’s just microthemer.

Kinda stuck now.

Cheers,
Martijn

Sebastian

Hey Martijn,

Would you mind sending me login details via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot?

One thing you could try yourself first is going to the MT standalone preferences page (just under the Microthemer link in the WP side menu), and set the Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading option to “No”. And then try accessing the MT interface.

It’s strange that this problem only just started though. I guess it’s possible that your webhost changed the server configuration over night, so the PHP gzip feature isn’t supported anymore.

I await further instruction.
Cheers,
Sebastian

pario

Just sent the login-details but forgot to mention the website: https://www.probleemopgelost.nl

I can’t enter the preferences because that also results in a HTTP 500 error

Cheers,

Martijn

Sebastian

Thanks for granting access and sending me your PHP error logs Martijn.

I have released an update that fixes the error. The problem was that PHP 7.1 was less forgiving of a programming error.

Cheers!
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.