I can not Change My Site Links Font style with Microthemer! Any Help Sebastian?

Author Posts

andville12

I have this website I’m trying to change the Navigational links font. I want to change them to ‘Advent Pro’ like the site content text but I can not do it with Microthemer, I don’t really know why.

Sebastian

Hey,

Could you send me a link to your website so I can advise you further? A common hurdle people face when trying to style menu items is targeting the correct (innermost) link element. Menu items often consist of two tightly nested elements that occupy the same visible space. When setting font values like font-family, size, and color, the trick is to target the innermost element. Otherwise default theme styles applied to this element will override MT styles applied to the outer menu item element.

To ensure you are targeting the innermost menu item element, click the down arrow on the directional controls in targeting mode (just to the right of the Target/cancel button) until the down arrow becomes disabled.

This might not be the cause of your problem of course. And as I said, if you can send me a link to your site I can advise you more specifically.

Thanks,
Sebastian

andville12

Thank you very much Mr Sebastian. Here’s a link to the site admin below:
https://globalluxstore.mystagingwebsite.com/

Sebastian

Thanks for the link, and for emailing me access details. I think this is a WordPress permissions issue. I’ve requested via email that you ask your web host to check on that. I’ll look out for your response!

Cheers,
Sebastian

andville12

Thanks a lot for helping out. I’ll get back to you if I need more of your help. Meanwhile let me contact the host for further solution.

andville12

Hello Mr Sebastian!
Here’s the Message from my site hosting provider rep as he was able to edit some code that made Microthemer to finally work on my site:

The plugin was incorrectly determining the location of wp-content.

This works a bit differently on Pressable. I modified the code to remove their logic (lines 46 through 66) to determine the path of wp-content. The file I edited is: get-dir-paths.inc.php

The code I added was:

//determine content dir
$wp_content_dir = WP_CONTENT_DIR;

The plugin should work as expected. Note that if you update the plugin, these settings will be overwritten. If you wish to receive the updates to the plugin in the future, you should contact the developer and explain that Pressable’s core WordPress files are symlinked to another location. Thus, the logical in their paths file didn’t work on our end, and the use of WP_CONTENT_DIR, while discouraged, would be ideal for our platform.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

Best,

Bradly M. Hale
Pressable Customer Success

Sebastian

Hey,

I did add a condition for handling servers that use symlinking recently. But that solution obviously isn’t quite right for the Pressable setup.

Do you mind if I use the access details you sent before to do some tests on your site/server? Hopefully this will lead me to a solution that avoids you having to hack the $wp_content_dir variable after updating Microthemer.

Cheers,
Sebastian

andville12

Okay Sebastian, go ahead and do your experiment, Hope you can make Microthemer better with this challenge that erupted with this hosting service.

Sebastian

Thanks for that. I’ve now added a fallback for getting the /wp-content path which is compatible with Pressable’s symlink configuration. You can safely update Microthemer now. I’ve already installed the latest version on your site. And tested that styles are applying correctly.

Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

Thanks,
Sebastian

andville12

Thank you very much Sebastian. You are really a hard working Man and you care a lot about your customers pain that’s why you provided quick solution to make our lives easier when we use your good product.
You went as far as updating your Microthemer just because of my website hosting request, You are really a genius. Keep up the good work Man.

Sebastian

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m always happy to help where I can. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.