IE only CSS being overwritten by general css

Author Posts

Nelmedia

Hi Sebastian,

I have a little problem: one of my sites is a little bit different on IE (even IE 11) than on the other browsers… For a reason I don’t know, it seems that in my other browsers I need to put 81px of height on my header and in IE 83px (if I don’t do that, there’s a while line Under my header)…

The problem is that I change that value in my “All version of IE” and it’s not applied, the reason being that the IE only code is loaded before the other one and therefore is overwritten by the general CSS (both being set with !important by default)… It’s not too bad when there is code only for IE, but when there’s a value for the other browsers as well (in Microthemer’s interface, not in code editor… but the problem would probably still be there) it overwrites it.

Would that cause problems to have IE only code being loaded last (or at least after the general CSS) in your next update?

Nelson

Abland

Hi, Nelson,

I hope you don’t mind if I chime in, but I’ve encountered some themes where if you have a clickable header link IE interprets that as an iframe which looks like a border or underline. That may not be the case for your site but thought I’d mention because that issue evaded capture from a lot of folks for quite a while 🙂
If it is the case you just need to style the iframe for no borders.

Nelmedia

Strange thing…

For now, my problem is solved: I have used a sticky header and it had me remove some of the CSS that was causing problems in IE…

But still, other problems might arise at some point, so it would still be good to make sure IE only CSS gets loaded last…

Sebastian

You’re absolutely right Nelson. This is a bug. The IE stylesheets should be called after the general stylesheet. I’ll address this soon. I’m getting married on Saturday so it may have to wait a week or so.

Cheers!
Sebastian

Nelmedia

Oh wow!

Congradulations and all my good wishes to you Sebastian!

Nelson

P.S. No problem, take your time: my problem has been solved in another way for now.

Sebastian

Hey Nelson, I’m back now and would like to resolve the IE stylesheet order issue.

I’ve added some code which I think will solve the problem. But as my theme was already loading IE stylesheets after the main CSS file, I think I might need your help to confirm that the issue really has been resolved. Would you mind testing my update before I release it to others? (or provide me access to the affected site so that I can test it).

Cheers,
Sebastian

Nelmedia

Sorry, never saw your reply…

Unfortunately, I don’t even remember which site it was… Hope you’ve been able to test it with another theme… My guess is that it is again with ProStyler, but I’m not sure, as it might have been with another client that uses other themes…

Nelson

You must login or register to reply to this topic.