[Improvement request] Subfolders

Author Posts

ddenev

Hi, Sebastian

I suspect this could already been requested in the past but here is my reasoning for introducing sub-folders:

It’s simple – organization of selectors 🙂 Not a fancy one, heh…

Nevertheless, some details – I am now using MT to style everything that Elementor cannot or is not flexible enough to style. Combined with Elementor’s lack of support for user-defined media breakpoints, this leads to having more and more selectors in MT. I started putting them in folders but then the # of folders started increasing :). So I think there is a benefit in having a hierarchical structure for the selectors. To be honest I don’t even need more than 2 levels of folders.

Do you think this is something you could consider for a future (not far future 😉 ) version?

Sebastian

Hey,

This feature has been requested once before. But it’s unlikely to gain priority over the many other improvements currently on the road map. The main reason is that it would be surprisingly difficult to implement. Thanks to my naivety as a junior dev when I first started Microthemer, the folder > selector data structure is rigidly adhered to throughout the application. Had I been mindful of nested folders back then, it would not be a big deal. But as things stand, it would require a lot of work.

I totally agree that it would be a nice feature. But far future would be best case scenario unfortunately. I’m sorry I can’t give you a better reply. Please keep your excellent suggestions coming!

Cheers,
Sebastian

ddenev

Hi Sebastian,

OK, I understand the reasons.

Then another idea – what about adding filtering/search? Do you think this could be feasible?

Thanks!
Drago

Sebastian

Absolutely, that one is already on the list! And has fairly high priority 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian

webdiner

Sebastian, I agree on this and hope it makes it way in. Without subfolders, the list gets WAY to large. Do you have any plans on adding this anytime soon?

Sebastian

Hey webdiner,

No plans to add this soon. But your extra vote has been noted. How many folders do you end up with on a typical project?

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.