Is MicroThemer compatible with PHP 7? [SiteGround errors – resolved]

Author Posts

TvanderValk

Hi, I’m using SiteGround for hosting. I’d like to switch to PHP 7. SiteGround does a check on the sites for compatibility. It shows 2 warnings for MicroThemer 4.9.7.8:

FILE: /home/blyxum90/domains/kekkecampers.nl/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/includes/class-json.php
—————————————————————————————————
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 2 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES
36 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
367 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve replaced the PHP4 constructors in the file you mentioned with PHP 5-7 compatible constructors. I’ve done this on the new version 5, which will be released in a matter of days. Would you like to try it now?

I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know what the SiteGround check returns.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

TvanderValk

Hi, the SiteGround check can take a while. I’ve had sites taking hours. I’ve installed 5.0.0.2 in a minimalistic sandbox, but the check hasn’t finished yet. If it will, I’ll let you know.

Sebastian

That’s great. Thanks for the update. If you have any problems using 5.0.0.2, I’m here.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.