Latest update Microthemer stopped working. [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

olleka

And becomes unresponsive. Nothing happens when I klick on tabs or I can’t see the website when I start Microthemer. Only a spinning wheel.

Tested in Safari and Chrome on Mac.

Regards
Olle

olleka

Downgraded to 4.9.1.1 and it starts working again

Regards
Olle

phantom

THE LIGHT TESTING VERSION ALSO DOESN´T WORK
I WILL CHECK OUT IF MICROTHMER GOOD FOR ME
WHAT CAN I DO?

Roland

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Sorry for the trouble. Are you still getting problems with version 4.9.2.8?
4.9.2.7 had an issue with the tabs on new installs. But I released version 4.9.2.8 about 15 minutes later when I discovered the issue on a vanilla install of WordPress.

If you are still getting problems with version 4.9.2.8, would one/both of you mind sending me login details for your site via this secure contact form?

https://themeover.com/support/contact/

I’ve been doing some extra tests to see if I can break the development version in the way you describe, but every seems to be working normally. I upgraded on two different installs too and they both seem OK with version 4.9.2.8. But sometimes different server environments reveal things my testing server doesn’t.

Cheers!
Sebastian

Sebastian

ps here’s a link to version 4.9.1.3 in case you want to use an older version while I’m sleeping.

Dexo

I haven’t been in here for a while because all has worked awesome…up until now.

I build real estate sites and use IDXBroker. Microthemer still works on the main site but stopped working on the subdomain that IDXBroker uses. It doesn’t let me select anything anymore. I am on Version 4.9.2.8. It was working awesome.

Sebastian

Hi Dexo,

Would you mind sending me login details via this secure contact form that I can the under the hood of your MT interface and see what’s going wrong?

https://themeover.com/support/contact/

Many thanks,
Sebastian

Sebastian

I think I may have discovered the problem. Please try updating to version 4.9.2.9.

Are you running a non-English WordPress install (other than Spanish and Hebrew) by any chance?

Thanks,
Sebastian

olleka

Yes I use a Swedish version.
And with 4.9.2.8 there is a number of 404s for som files regarding language.

The updater in WordPress still shows 4.9.2.8 so I’ll wait until it becomes ready for update there.

Regards
Olle

olleka

It works now.

Thank you

Regards
Olle

Jona

Hey Sebastian,
I just update Microthemer. Unfortunately, I still have the problem with saving changes. Sometimes it’s called “Something went wrong”, sometimes “save error”. 🙁

Tested on all common browser, WordPress Language is German.

Sebastian

@Jona – noted, I’m working on it.

Sebastian

Hey, I’ve just released version 4.9.3.0. It think that should do the trick!

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Dexo

Thanks Sebastian!

I just sent you my info. It still didn’t work after the update. I know a few of use it for our sites because I pimped it out to them for this very reason.

Sebastian

Hey Dexo, thanks for sending login details.

I created a test selector and made a subtle change the the background color of your footer. I didn’t notice any problems. Are you still having an issue selecting things on the page?

Cheers,
Sebastian

ps could you try refreshing the page if you still have problems?

Dexo

Hi Sebastian,

I can change it on mysite.com part but not the subdomain.mysite.com part. I see your change in the footer. I tried refreshing the screen, using FF and Chrome.

Sebastian

Hi Dexo,

I see that you don’t currently have any styles in Microthemer, apart form the test one I added. So even though the subdomain is linking to the CSS file generated by Microthemer (active-styles.css) on the main domain, no styles will be applied.

I can also see what styles you added in Microthemer up to a week ago via the Revision Restore feature. You could restore some styles from the past week perhaps (e.g. when you’re adding box-shadow to the sidebar or padding to the quick search widget)?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Dexo

Thanks Sebastian,

Yeah, I move all of the CSS to the custom CSS page in WordPress. I figured one less place to load a file would make the site faster.

I was mistaken when I first posted. I used MT on the widgets I was pulling into the main domain and it works great for that. I would have sworn I used it on the actual subdomain but now I am thinking I didn’t as I just looked at a test site with an older version of MT on it.

So, I can’t get MT to recognize or apply styles to pages on the subdomain?

Thanks again for doing what you do!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.