Padding issues in Contact Form 7 form

Author Posts

appscaptain

Hi Sebastian,

Did you install it on a nginx setup with MariaDB?

Nginx servers don’t use .htaccess files, so they can just be deleted. The redirection stuff is set in nginx.conf files.

All the best

Anders

Sebastian

Ah I see. I wouldn’t know where to start with an nginx server unfortunately. I was using a WAMP setup.

I’ve been playing around a bit more, and another possible area to focus on sprung to mind: iframes. Microthemer reloads the CSS in the site preview, which is embedded in the page in an iframe. And I wonder if it’s possible that permissions or something else in your nginx configuration for frames/iframes is causing the issue.

I say this because if you click the View > generated CSS & JS option, and then continuously click the code/eye icon in the foot of the popup to keep reloading the stylesheet, no error appears in Chrome’s console. The same is true when importing stylesheets via the Packs > Import > CSS stylesheet feature. If you keep clicking the LOAD STYLESHEET button it always works fine. This is pretty good evidence that we should be looking at stuff related to frame settings. However, I couldn’t find an article relating to this specifically. I don’t think it will be related to X-Frame-Options. Anyway, I thought it worth running by you in case it’s helpful information.

Cheers,
Sebastian

appscaptain

Hi Sebastian,

Don’t iframe permissions only apply to different domains? Eg. if I try to load a resource from another site into an iframe on my site. isn’t everything with Microthemerjust loading from my website?

appscaptain

To followup – I checked out my nginx configs and I only have this:
add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
which allows anything loaded from the same website..

And I have not set Access-Control-Allow-Origin at all,

Sebastian

Hey Anders,

Yes, I actually said “I don’t think it will be related to X-Frame-Options” to save you from following a false lead. But I achieved the opposite. Sorry 🙂

If you can’t see any other nginx settings to tweak regarding frames, I’ll keep searching for alternative explanations.

Cheers,
Sebastian

P.S. I hate to leave a problem unsolved, but if you’re ready to give up at any point I will of course provide you with a full refund.

appscaptain

Hi Sebastian,

No worries. I don’t think there are any other nginx settings regarding frames. Hopefully there will be another solution. Would hate having to drop MicroThemer. Really appreciate you looking into this. Hopefully this will help others as well.

All the best

Anders

You must login or register to reply to this topic.