Microthemer Closes when starting [does not open interface for editing]

Author Posts

ggibbuk

Hi,
I have purchased the Developer license and activated the plugin on 2 separate wp sites.
But each time I try to start the plugin itt starts loading then closes and goes back to the home page of the website.
Any ideas what is going wrong

One site is running WordPress 4.3.1 with a custom theme.
The other is using WordPress 4.4 running RealHomes Theme

Thanks
George

Sebastian

Hi George,

This isn’t an issue I’ve come across before. But it definitely sounds like a plugin/theme conflict. Would you mind sending me login details via this secure contact form so that I can troubleshoot the problem for you?

https://themeover.com/support/contact/

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Thanks for sending login details George, this relates to a WP property plugin issue previously flagged. I’ve emailed you a modified version of the plugin. Details of how to fix the issue yourself can be found here: https://themeover.com/forum/topic/plugin-conflict-with-wp-property/#post-8019

ggibbuk

Hi Sebastian,

I uploaded the wpp-global.js and refreshed the front end site and all appears to work now thank you.

I am going to set up a testing website with wp-property (3 new clients use it) and spend some time learning the microthemer plugin.

I will copy one of there sites at a time to a different server and edit them there.

One question though.

Once I have re-themed/edited a theme, is it only the theme that I need to move to a live server. Or are there additional css files I need to move also?

Again thank you for your help and great support.

George

Sebastian

Hey George, thanks for the update. I’m glad we got there in the end.

When I work on a WordPress site locally, I generally move the whole site to the live server so that database changes, new plugins, or any other site changes get copied to the live server.

Microthemer doesn’t actually modify any theme files. It simply creates an additional stylesheet called /wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css. It saves the CSS edits you make in the database and uses these database edits to write to active-styles.css. So you will need to copy Microthemer and export your database to the live server too, via phpMyAdmin perhaps.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Sebastian

ps these plugins might be useful for your purposes (alternatives to using phpMyAdmin):

ggibbuk

Hi Sebastian,

Yes that makes sense, phpMyAdmin is the easiest option for me, less learning of new plugins like updraft etc.

I will set up a site on a different server tonight and do some testing.

And let you and the forum know how it goes, all looks OK so far.

George

You must login or register to reply to this topic.