Microthemer drop down tools not appearing… only a text editor

Author Posts

ablewebs

Hi,

Recently I discovered that I can’t access the drop down tools to edit a selected item’s CSS. A text-type editor opens instead where you would have to write your own CSS. Maybe it’s something I changed in the settings, but I haven’t found it yet.

I looked at the MT tutorial again, just to make sure I wasn’t going crazy and I can see the toolbar drop down when the person selects the menu links at the beginning of the video. I’m not sure what that toolbar is called, but it has all the things you can edit and see the results on the fly, without writing any CSS.

My tabs are different, too. My tabs say All browsers, All versions of IE, etc. There used to be tabs for All Devices, Large Desktop, etc. (like in the video).

There just seems to be a whole lot of things going on… after the latest release I guess. It’s overwhelming. It was so easy and intuitive to use before.

Can you help me sort this out? Please.

Thank you!

Andrea Wilson

Sebastian

Hey Andrea,

It sounds like you’re in code view 🙂

To switch back to the GUI view, hover over the ‘View’ menu at the top right. Then click the Code view switch to disable it.

disable code view

Also, if you prefer the targeting options to display on the right like they did in the previous version, there is a dock to right icon you can press:

dock to right

I’m working on a video tutorial for the new targeting options that should be ready next week.

I hope this helps you solve your issue. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

Thanks,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.