Microthemer not working after purchase [unlocked but still Trial – RESOLVED]

Author Posts

aparna202

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi Sebastian,

I have just purchased Microthemer (the latest version on this website) and it is still showing me the trial version i.e. I don’t have access to any of the features. Can you please advise how to rectify this? I have payment details and receipt with me. Please help.

Regards,

Aparna

Sebastian

Hi Aparna,

Yes I’m happy to help you get the program unlocked. Have you tried submitting your PayPal email address (not the email address you used to register on themeover.com if different) at the bottom of the Microthemer > Preferences page?

If you’re getting a “Your email address could not be validated” error, please try disabling other plugins temporarily – and then try to submit your email address again. If that fails, would you mind sending me login details to your WordPress admin area so that I can investigate things further? You can use my secure login form to send your details: https://themeover.com/support/pre-sales-enquiries/

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

Sebastian

PS please note that the “Free Trial Section” remains in the UI even after validating successfully. You can rename it if you have applied some styles you’d like to keep. Or if you haven’t applied any styles while in free trial mode you can click the reset link. This will replace the section with a number of suggested sections that are commonly useful. I appreciate that this aspect of Microthemer is a little confusing. I will introduce a better system very soon.

Cheers,

Sebastian

aparna202

Hi Sebastian. I think it started working (I can see the different sections i.e. main, body, etc). As a newbie to Word Press and web designing, I just want to know how to get Microthemer working. It can modify any WP theme right? I’m just asking because when on one of your webpages, you had written that it can modify any theme but in one of the forum discussions, you had said it was restricted to themes you have on here. I’m trying to modify the background but just can’t seem to start working on it. Can you guide me in this? Sorry if this is too basic a question but like I said, I’m new to webdesign. Thanks a ton.

Aparna

Sebastian

Hi Aparna,

No problem at all. I’m happy to help with this kind of question. You can use Microthemer to style any WordPress theme or content generated by a Plugin. That wasn’t the case in the early days, but now it is – thanks to the selector wizard.

If you can post a link to your website with an explanation of where you’re trying to change the background color it should be easy for me to identify a solution.

Tip: beginners often bump up against a common problem with selecting the right element on the page. When you double-click the thing you want to style (e.g. the element you want to change the background of) it may appear that you have double-clicked the correct element (because the highlighting covers the space as you would expect) but sometimes you are actually targeting an element that is the “parent” or “child” of the element you want. Web page content, e.g. HTML elements, are often nested inside each other in this way. And nested elements can sometimes appear to fill the same space. If you use the up or down arrow on the selector wizard that pops up when you double-click something and the highlighting doesn’t move this is likely true. In which case, try applying your background style to one of these nested elements that you uncover using the directional controls instead.

It may be that this problem isn’t at play in your particular case of course. And as I say, I’m happy to have a look at your site so that I can diagnose the issue.

Thanks,

Sebastian

aparna202

Hi Sebastian,

This is the link to my webpage: http://localhost/wp-admin/admin.php?page=tvr-microthemer.php.
I need to change the entire background. Microtheme has changed it just a bit at the top. I’m trying to do the rest but its not happening from my end. Can I have your e-mail? I will send you the username and password.

Regards,

Aparna

Sebastian

Hi Aparna,

If you’re working on localhost unfortunately I won’t be able to login to website – it only exists on your particular computer right now. Would you be able to upload it to a live server so that I can view it?

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.