Microthemer not working after putting website live [old directory still active]

Author Posts

Thomas20

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi,

I’ve originally installed wordpress on a separate folder like domain/wordpress where I created my blog.

I now put my Blog live on my domain but all the files are still in the domain/wordpress folder. I only moved my index.php and.htaccess file to the public_html folder. Since I did that, I can’t use Microthemer anymore because it can’t find my website once I switch to Visual View.

Any idea how I can fix that issue?

Thanks,
Thomas

Sebastian

Hi Thomas,

I’m not an expert on moving WordPress and haven’t heard of the trick of only moving index.php and .htaccess. Why haven’t you moved all WordPress files into public_html ?

I imagine that you may need to update .htaccess after moving WordPress. I also expect that many other plugins/themes will be affected until you resolve the folder location problem in a way that isn’t specific to Microthemer. Having said that, you might find that changing the “View Site URL: ” option on the Microthemer > Preferences page is all you need to do to fix your current issue.

Please let me know if you’re still stuck.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Thomas20

Hi Sebastian

The thing is, that all other plug-ins are working fine, it’s only the Microthemer which doesn’t work anymore.

I’ve changed the View Site URL from domain/worpress to domain, but it didn’t help.

Isn’t there in the code a place where I can’t tell the plug-in to open the domain address instead of domain/wordpress one?

Thanks
Thomas

Sebastian

Hi Thomas,

If all other plugins are working fine I’m surprised that updating the View Site URL didn’t help. Would you mind creating a temporary WordPress user account for me on the live site so that I can login and troubleshoot this further for you?

You can send the WordPress login details securely here: https://themeover.com/support/pre-sales-enquiries/

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.