Microthemer not working on one site, showing code instead

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian 5 years, 1 month ago.

Author Posts

sandra__22

Hi,
I’ve purchases microthemer and activated it on a couple of sites. There is one site where it doesn’t work. If I try to activiate microthemer it shows a page with code. This happens on any page or from the dashboard. I deactivated every plugin, but that didn’t help. Is there a fix for this?


Sebastian

Hey Sandra,

It sounds like you may have accidentally stumbled into code view mode. You can restore the GUI view by going to the View menu and turning off the code editor toggle at the top of the menu.

That should do it. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Thanks,
Sebastian


sandra__22

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for your response. Sadly, it isn’t code like css or html that is visible. The whole screen is taken up by code like you can see in the image that I link to under this message. Not even the wp-bar is there anymore.
I’ve tried everything I know to find out what it is that is going on. Tried to rule out plugin conflicts. No conflict found. I have re-installed WP, no difference. Theme is GeneratePress (childtheme). On other sites there are no conflicts there. But I’m not a coder, so… My knowledge ends here.

If you can point me in the right direction that would be very helpful. Next week I won’t be able to respond to your reaction, but I surely will follow up on this.

Sandra

strange code


Sebastian

Ah OK, I misunderstood your issue. Would you mind sending me access details for your site via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Sebastian

P.S. If you right-click the interface and choose ‘Inspect’ and then go to the console tab you might see some errors that give you a clue (in case you want to continue troubleshooting this yourself).


sandra__22

I’ve sent you a temporary login.

Thanks in advance.

Sandra


Sebastian

Thanks Sandra for providing access Sandra.

When I tried to access the MT interface I saw a content encoding error. This happens when Microthemer’s Gzipping is not supported by your server. I managed to fix the problem by setting the following preference to No: “Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading“. The standalone preferences page exists mainly for this purpose.

Microthemer is now loading fine.

If you need assistance with anything else please let me know.

Thanks,
Sebastian


sandra__22

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for the fix. I never suspected that this setting could be the solution. On my other sites, hosted by the same company, there wasn’t a problem with this setting set as “no”. Never mind, I’m glad it’s fixed.

Thanks again,
Sandra


Sebastian

Interesting. If the conflicting gzip/compression configuration isn’t server wide, it may be set in your site’s .htaccess file. Or your /wp-admin/.htaccess file.

It shouldn’t be anything to worry about though. A conflict normally means the compression is already handled, and Microthemer doesn’t need to do anything.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.