Microthemer would not validate my PayPal email address [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

adriculous

Hello, I purchased Microthemer Developer License from Mighty Deals awhile ago today. I wanted to test it out in a test site using a child theme made from the Genesis Framework. It’s asking me to unlock Microthemer by entering my PayPal email address before I end up using it. I did so and I kept getting an error message saying “Validation failed.”

I tried deactivating all of my plugins (which there aren’t very many) but that’s not solving the problem. Where am I going wrong?

Please advise?

Sebastian

Hi there,

Yes a few Mighty Deals customers have asked about this. I realise it’s a bit confusing. Microthemer assumes that you’ve purchased it directly from Themeover when it asks for your PayPal email address. But mighty deals customers actually need to enter the email address they supplied during the free checkout on themeover.com.

If you can’t remember what that is, it’s listed on the My Downloads page in your account.

Please let me know if that solves your problem or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Sebastian

ricdiaz

I’m having the same issue and using the email in My Account but with no success. Very frustrating. What do I do?

Sebastian

Hi Ric,

I’m sorry for the hassle. I’ll email you privately about this now as resolving the issue will involve discussing your email address.

Cheers,

Seb

Sebastian

Hi Ric,

I’ve located your order, confirmed that your email address is listed in the valid users database, and successfully unlocked the program on my testing server using your email address.

This means that something to do with your WordPress setup is blocking Microthemer from making the outgoing connection to themeover.com. To my knowledge, this can be caused by by security plugins or strict server settings.

Please try temporarily disabling any plugins that may be blocking Microthemer’s connection to the valid users database on themeover.com. You can re-enable them after you unlock Microthemer. WP Security plugins sometimes block Microthemer.

Security settings on your server may block all outgoing PHP connections to domains not on a trusted whitelist (e.g. sites that are not wordpress.org). Ask your web host about unblocking themeover.com – even if they just do it temporarily to allow you to activate the plugin.

If neither of the above suggestions are helpful please let me know.

Thanks,
Sebastian

adriculous

Yes, that solved my issue! Thank you very much!

Sebastian

Great! If you get stuck with anything else please let me know.

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.