Multisite css export [restrict MT to network admin only, global css export]

Author Posts

stijnb

Hi,

I’m running a multisite where I create simple sites for people. I would like to hide the Microthemer menu for site admins and only show it to the network admin. Also is there any way to get a popup with the css created by Microthemer? I understand that I can copy the styles from the sheet, but it would be a bit tedious to do that per site.

Thanks

Stijn

Sebastian

Hey Stijn,

There is an icon <> in the top right toolbar that allows you to view the CSS code Microthemer generates.

Do you want regular admins to be able to use Microthemer at all?

Cheers,
Sebastian

stijnb

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks again for the great support. I would like Microthemer to be invisible to site admins. Is that possible?

Thanks

Stijn

Sebastian

Hey Stijn,

I’m not a multisite expert but could you just activate Microthemer on one domain (the one you are personally working on) rather than network activate Microthemer?

Abland

Hi, Stijn,

In my own use I edit Microthemer directly and use is_network_admin(); but the following plugin is also useful for all your plugins as a network admin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

stijnb

Thanks @abland, I will check it out.

Btw. If I already have the CSS is it possible to click a button or header on my site and add that css in?

Sebastian

Hey Stijn,

Do you mean is it possible to double-click things on your site and apply new CSS styles to them? Yes – after double-clicking something you need to create a ‘SELECTOR’ for it and then you apply new styles via that selector.

If that’s not what you were asking please elaborate.

Thanks,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.