multisite problem [permissions error from admin bar – RESOLVED]

Tagged: 

Author Posts

berryc

Hello,
I’m using microthemer on a multisite installation. Guess I didn’t check beforehand if you support it or not. Couldn’t find it in the docs.

Whenever I try to click Microthemer from the admin bar I get:
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

I’ve tried logging out and back in few times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Craig

Sebastian

Hi Craig,

Many people do you Microthemer on multisite but because multisite can have many different types of configuration it isn’t always as straightforward. If you can send me login details for your multisite install via our secure contact form I’d be happy to investigate a fix for you:

https://themeover.com/support/contact/

Cheers,
Sebastian

berryc

Hi Sebastian,
Sorry mate, it’s on a localhost installation at the moment.

I deleted and re-installed and now it works if I click Microthemer from the dashboard – but if I click it in the admin bar, same error.

BTW – I have ‘Enable administration menus’ enabled in the network settings.

If I’m still having the issue after deployment, I’ll shoot you login details to troubleshoot.

Thanks!
Craig

Sebastian

Hi Craig,

Thanks for sharing your observation. I’m on the verge of changing something as a result. I just want to make sure that I don’t break things for other people in the process of fixing things for you.

Could you post the URL you arrive at when you click the toolbar shortcut that leads to the “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” error message? As well as the the URL that correctly loads Microthemer please. This should hopefully help me understand the problem better.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

berryc

Hi Sebastian,
Here’s what works: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=tvr-microthemer.php

This one generates the error: /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=tvr-microthemer.php

(looks like the ‘network’ addition could be the culprit)

Thanks!
Craig

Sebastian

Thanks Craig, I’ll run this by Abland before rolling out the fix I’m thinking of. He has lots of experience installing Microthemer on multisite installs and I still have things to learn in that area. I’ll write back here soon.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hi Craig,

After consulting Abland I’ve released a fix in version 4.1.4. If you could confirm that the issue has been resolved at your end that would be great.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

berryc

Yep, problem solved in 4.1.4.

Thanks Sebastian!

Sebastian

Excellent!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.