My styles / changes to site are not saved [don't show on front end]

Author Posts

Dobomax21

Hello,

after I made my styles / changes to site they are shown in microthemer but after refresh of page or viewing extern (outside microthemer) they are all gone.

Folder /micro-themes and active-styles.css is all generated.

The strange is, that I changed also bg color of footer and this keeps and is saved.

Any help? I use child theme.

Regards

Dobomax21

Sebastian

Hi there,

This sounds like a caching issue. Microthemer forces the browser not to show a cached version of active-styles.css by appending a timestamp to the URL e.g. active-styles.css?time=123. Outside of Microthemer, the latest version of active-styles.css might not display if you are using a WordPress caching plugin or if your server uses a global caching system like cloudflare or something similar. If it’s the latter, you would need to ask your host if anything can be done. I’ve noticed a spike in support requests that point to caching recently. This suggests more hosts are using services like cloudflare.

Of course your case might be different from the trend. If you’d like me to have a look at your site, please send login details via this secure web form: https://themeover.com/support/contact/

Cheers,
Sebastian

Dobomax21

Hello, Sebastian,

I did yesterday send you my login to wp via the secure form. Could you take a look, because I need continue my project.
Thanks.

Sebastian

Sure thing. I’m logging in now.

Sebastian

OK, I think I see the problem here. Your theme “Linstar” uses dynamic ids in it’s HTML content. So when you originally applied styles with Microthemer, the selectors generated by the selector wizard hooked into ids like this:

div#king-184139 h3.color1

The trouble is, on a subsequent page load the number in the id changes from 184139 to 184140 (for instance) and so your selector becomes redundant. That’s why some of your selectors work but not others. Your footer selector doesn’t hook into any dynamic ids and so continues to work.

One solution might be to avoid any selectors Microthemer suggests on the Targeting tab that contain long numbers like the one above. Microthemer will often default to these, but you can choose an alternative selector by clicking on a different option in the list.

If Microthemer can’t target the elements you want via alternative selectors I will of course give you a refund as you won’t be able to use Microthemer with Linstar. Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Dobomax21

Hello,

when I understand you right: See screenshot

Screenshot

Regards

Dobomax21

Sebastian

Yep, that’s exactly what I was suggesting.

Dobomax21

Hello,

after several test I must final say this does not work for this theme! You use other targets (targeting) but then it changes also other elements of this site. I did spend lot of time. Not work with my theme and I am affraid this will happens more often with other themes possible also.

So please give me a refund, you have my data (account, receipt), Please notify me when done.
Deactivate my account, I will delete this plugin.
Thanks.

Sebastian

Perfectly understandable. I’ve issued your refund. I’ve also messaged the author of Linstar to find out more about the purpose of dynamic ids in HTML content.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.