Page is positioned off left side of screen

Author Posts

andrew111

Hi all,
New user & new to WordPress.
In order to keep things simple, I’ve deactivated my page builders & have installed Kadence block editor and the Kadence theme.
However, when I activate Microthemer, the page repositions itself partially out of view to the left. Probably something simple I’m unaware of, but can’t figure it out…

Any help appreciated!

Sebastian

Hey Andrew,

I wonder if this could be something to do with Microthemer’s page-id classes e.g. mt-123. Someone recently reported a conflict between that system and certain CSS libraries like Bootstrap and tailwind. If you theme loads one of those, an unwanted margin could be applying. In order to know for sure, and to come up with a solution, I would need to check your site. Are you able to provide a link?

Thanks,
Sebastian

andrew111

Hi Sebastian –

Sure – actually, I believe it’s something going on with the theme, though I don’t know enough about it to have been able to figure it out. In the block editor, it looks fine (below), until I load MT; however, in a preview/standard browser window, it also slides off the left… So I don’t think it’s anything to do with Microthemer. Page is here.

Sebastian

Hey,

Unfortunately I couldn’t load your test site. Is it running on localhost? Or protected somehow?

Thanks!
Sebastian

andrew111

Hmm… not sure. I’m able to load it without issues (on my phone, which isn’t logged in to anything).

What are you seeing when trying to load the page?

Sebastian

The site just hangs for a while, and then eventually times out. I’m trying to connect from Tenerife. Perhaps it is a firewall issue that allows your IP address but blocks mine for some reason..?

Site hangs, then times out

andrew111

Not sure what would cause that! I assume getting in from my phone (not connected to wifi) is presenting a different ip. I’ll look into it.

Sebastian

Yes, that’s why I wonder if the block might be country specific…

You must login or register to reply to this topic.