Possible bug: cloning site and micro_revisions table

Author Posts

cjseven

Hi Sebastian,
I don’t know if this is related with last version but it was the first time it happened to me.
I have a site super customized with MT which has a lot of MT revisions.
The DB table has 16MB – which isn’t too much – and the cloning process of softaculous, for some reason, stalls in micro_revisions table which results in a corrupted cloned installation.
I watched the cloning process in phpmyadmin and those 16MB take forever to fill in that table.
Don’t know if you can do something about it. Maybe an option to limit #X revisions or an option to delete revisions from the back office.
What’s strange is that I have other sites also heavily customized and many revisions but this was the first time I got this issue.
Thank you,
Antonio

Sebastian

Hi Antonio,

An option to delete revisions could be handy actually. I was thinking of making some other improvements to the history system, like being able to save restore points permanently, so they don’t get overwritten with new ones.

If you’re comfortable with a tool like phpMyAdmin you could simply delete the micro_revisions table before cloning (backing up the database before just in case). The current MT style settings are not stored in the revisions table.

Also, from what you describe, it sounds like some data in the micro_revisions table might already be corrupted. If you can email me an export of that table I would be happy to take a look.

Cheers,
Sebastian

cjseven

Thanks Sebastian.
Table dump sent by email.

Sebastian

Hi Antonio, I haven’t received your email. Did you send to support@ or sales@?

It may have been blocked due to the size. Perhaps you could try sending a download link instead?

Thanks,
Sebastian

cjseven

Sebastian,
I got error message back. I sent to noreply@.
Ill send it again to support@
Pls confirm.
Thanks
Antonio

Sebastian

Got it, thanks Antonio!

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Sebastian

Hi Antonio,

I’ve checked the table for corruption but it seems OK. Perhaps there is some issue with the data format from Softaculous’ perspective, but I’m not sure what that is. Did you find that the clone was successful after deleting the revisions table?

Cheers,
Sebastian

cjseven

Hi Sebastian,

I didn’t delete the table. I empty it.
After that the DB cloning process went ahead normally.
Maybe it was something specific in this case, or something on softaculous side. It was the first time in many many years. 🙂
Leave it at that. If I get more info in this situation or in another site I’ll let you know.

Thanks for your support.
Antonio

Sebastian

OK, as you say it may have been a random glitch. But I can pick this up again if necessary.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.