Possible bug updating to 3.0

Author Posts

cjseven

Hi Sebastian,

I got the following issue for the second time with 2 different websites.

I used microthemer v2 months ago to style them and did the normal updates to v3 – everything ok.

However I had to make some changes and after adding a new selector and saving it all styles were “lost”. I mean “lost” because microthemer still show them but we can’t see their effect on the webpages – it is like there is no microthemer behind.

First I panicked 🙂 then I clicked selectors, one by one, and pressed ctrl+s to save it an “voilá” styles were applied again.

So it is more a “time consuming” thing (last site I had more than 100 selectors…) but maybe you can find what’s the issue and fix it.

Note: Before you ask I tried to undo to previous save point and didn’t work.

Thanks,
Antonio

Sebastian

Thanks for reporting this Antonio. It does sounds like a bug with upgrading from v2 to v3. I wasn’t able to replicate it on my testing server. I don’t suppose you exported your 2.x settings before upgrading did you? If so would you mind emailing t me the zip file? I will then install your settings on version 2.x of Microthemer and see what happens when I upgrade.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

cjseven

No… I don’t have it anymore.

I think I have more sites in same situation that probably will get some css update in the future. I’ll see what I can backup and update you latter.

Thanks,
Antonio

Sebastian

Thanks Antonio. Also, if it happens again please send me login details to your site before starting the arduous task of manually fixing the selectors.

ps we’ll be sending out a proposal soon for a revised interface that hopefully addresses all of the issues you and other have raised about the responsive tabs (along with a few other changes). I’ll be very interested to hear your thoughts so that we can iron out any potential problems at the planning stage.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.