Remove empty selectors

Author Posts

sakomicro

Hi!

Is there a way to remove empty selectors? Meaning: Remove all selectors that do not have any Microthemer made changes included.

Thanks!

Sascha

Sebastian

Hey Sascha,

If you have the folders docked left, increase the width of the panel until the quick action icons appear.
The blue dots show selectors that have styles (on All Devices or any responsive tab). You can delete any selectors that don’t have a blue dot.

I recommend saving your last history item (or doing an export) before doing a big clear out, just so you can easily roll back if you make a mistake.

Cheers,
Sebastian

sakomicro

Great! Thanks!

p.s.: A Multi Selector Renamer would be nice 🙂

Sebastian

How would you envisage the multi selector renaming working exactly? Do you just mean a quicker way to edit multiple selectors in a folder e.g. with a “double-click to edit” action?

For now, the quickest way to rename lots of selectors is probably to use the arrows at the top left and then click the selector name in the top toolbar.

Cheers,
Sebastian

sakomicro

Well it´s difiicult to create something usefull here. At first I was really taking care of naming each selector manually … then as this quickly did take too much time I just went for naming the folder and not renaming the selectors at all. Now I guess as soon as you have subfolders implemented this problem will get even smaller. As most impulses to rename stuff just come from the need to sub-structure a folders content. I never met Auto-Renamers that avctually worked. In any other program. So in the end it comes down to: Make the renaming process quicker… meaning with a “double-click to edit” action. Multi renaming (select several and rename at once or find and replace or rename sequentiall etc) is quicker done with subfolders. As long as those selector names are not used in other tools than microthemer and are not really used as “function-targeting” names.

Sebastian

OK, good to know that sub-folders will be helpful here. And that some sort of quick rename feature would also be handy. I’ll add that to the todo list.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.