Site can't be reached accessing microthemer

Author Posts

lloydsilver

If I try to go to Microthemer for any page on the site, I’m getting an error:

This site can’t be reached.

With a message code ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Haven’t seen this before on any site.

lloydsilver

Happens in Chrome and FF. And on multiple computers.

Sebastian

Hey,

I think you can solve this by going to the standalone Microthemer > Preferences page (via the left-hand menu in WordPress). Set Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading to “No”. Your server configuration may have been updated recently if this problem has just started.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Sebastian

lloydsilver

Hmmm. I’m seeing a blank page on Microthemer > Preferences

Sebastian

Oh dear. Perhaps there is more to this than I thought.

Would you mind providing access for the affected site via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey Lloyd,

Thanks for sending access details. I’ve managed to get the MT interface to show, but there is a conflict with bootstrap. Bootstrap is currently loading on WordPress admin pages. Bootstrap should only load on the frontend to avoid such conflicts. Or if a plugin loads it for the admin area, it should only load on that plugin’s pages.

Bootstrap has a .hidden { display:none !important; } rule which is why Microthemer’s standalone preferences page is blank. Also, MT’s icons are messed up. And the input fields don’t show. This is the problem stylesheet:

https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.css

Have you enqueued this Bootstrap stylesheet via your theme’s functions.php file? If so, you can make the enqueue rule conditional so it doesn’t load in the admin area:

if ( ! is_admin() ) {
    wp_enqueue_style( $handle, $src, $deps, $ver, $media );
}

Or do you think it might be a plugin? I which case, can I disable some of your plugins to isolate the cause?

Thanks,
Sebastian

lloydsilver

Yep, that was it. Thanks for troubleshooting. I should have known better. Rogue plugin.

Sebastian

OK great, glad we got to the bottom of it!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.