Some minor issues [Microthemer not compatible with MP6]

Author Posts

nick

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I hate it that my first post is to report problems. I bought Microthemer yesterday, and I love it !!!

Let me start with the Microthemer. It is not a problem now, but Microthemer is not compatible with MP6. MP6 will make it to the wp core sooner or later. Reports are that if it does not make it by v3.6, it will probably make it by v3.7. Just a heads up…

The real issues are with the Microloader. For the most part it works as advertised, but:

1. The toolbar is not visible on the front site. This is not a problem with Microthemer, just the loader.

2. The configuration screen says “IMPORTANT: Please validate your purchase to activate the auto-update checker and installer”. What is that all about? I thought this plugin was free. And if you do click to activate, you get “ou do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” I’m on a localserver, and I have full rights, in fact full everything.

3. To the right of the Micro Themes thumbnail, it says “Click the ‘Edit Meta Info’ Button below to add a description (to replace this text) and other meta info for this Micro Theme.” Now, there is no button, and there should not be, if it was up to me, but the text is there.

I am becoming a Microthemer addict with just within 24 hours.

Thanks, and sorry…,
Nick.

Sebastian

Hi Nick,

Absolutely no need to apologise, thank you for drawing these matters to my attention – and for the heads up re MP6 – I will look into that!

Regarding Microloader, I’m actually going to stop development on that, as I’ve recently released Microthemer Lite which does the same thing as Microloader and more. But that’s not say we don’t need to get to the bottom of your current issues.

1. Do you mean the WordPress toolbar at the top? If so, I will look into that. Microthemer has an configurable option for hiding the WordPress toolbar as it takes up unnecessary space in visual editor, but perhaps Microloader has this option turned on by default with no way to turn it off.

2. Microloader shouldn’t be asking you to validate. Do you have Microloader and Microthemer active at the same time? That will cause problems, although it should warn you about this with a red error message.

3. The message should only show to Microthemer users that have exported their work as a Micro Theme – BTW the “Edit Meta Info” facility is so users can package their design work for sale on themeover.com with some meta info.

It’s a shame you’re working on localhost, else I could login to your install and see what’s going on.

I’m very glad you’re enjoying Microthemer so far! 🙂

Sebastian

nick

I have to admit you are one of the nicest developers out there. Some of them are arrogant, and sometimes even annoyed, well… with just about anything.

1. Yes, I do mean the WordPress toolbar.

2. Well, it is asking me to validate, and I only have the microloader installed on that particular site. I have microthere in another site, all on the same local host of course.

3. Yes, the “meta” info works well in microthemer, but it’s also present in microloader.

I have a video for you to see. As you can see, I don’t have microthemer installed, just microloader, and all the other plugins are deactivated. The only activated plugin will be microloader. Again, notice, the activation link, the meta info text, and the toolbar’s disappearing act.

I will check out microthemer lite, if that works as expected, I will use that instead of microloader. For end users, I like the idea of microloader, that they are no configuration screens, Activate the plugin, upload your micro themes, and activate the one that you want, and you are done. I am guessing that the mic. lite is the actual product will editing limitations. We will see…

nick

Crap, I forgot to thank you above…

Sebastian

Hi Nick,

I’m always happy to help 🙂 And thanks for the video, that was great!

I’ve identified fixes for points 1 and 2. I’ll release an updated version of Microloader tomorrow. And perhaps you’re right, maybe it is worth keeping it going.

Regarding point 3, normally Microloader users would install a finished Micro Theme form Themeover (e.g. a contact form 7 skin https://themeover.com/cf7-smart-beauty/) and so the description would be quite useful – the text you highlighted in your video is just place-holder text directed towards people who are creating with Microthemer rather than loading with Microloader. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Seb

ps I may add some of your comments to my testimonials page if you don’t mind?

Sebastian

FYI I’ve now released an updated version of Microloader which should fix the issues you flagged.

Cheers,

Sebastian

nick

You rock, the new version is perfect.

Thank you,
Nick

Sebastian

Excellent!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.