Styling plugin-generated content [with plugins' active jquery rules]

Author Posts

vladdu

Hi!

I’m trying out Microthemer and it looks great so far. I have however found some content generated by another plugin that I can’t style… Investigating the issue, it looks like the other plugin is changing the CSS via JS, after the page is loaded. From what I can tell, there isn’t much to do about it except using !important and hoping the JS doesn’t remove it or uses it itself, but I thought I’d check with you in case there is some trick that I’m missing.

best regards,
Vlad

Sebastian

Hi Vlad,

Yes Javascript always has the power to change CSS rules applied in the normal way, whether it’s via an external stylesheet (as Microthemer does), in the HTML head, or as an inline CSS style.

As far as I’m aware, there is no trick to overcome this. However, if you don’t mind posting a link to your site I might be able to offer you some Javascript code that will fix the issue.

Cheers,

Sebastian

vladdu

Hi!

Thanks, I thought there was no trick, but it doesn’t hurt asking.

I will post some bug reports on the plugin in question, which in my opinion should not override the theme as much and not with JS.

regards,
Vlad

TomiG

Hi I am new to this plugin and looking forward to using it in my future builds.

I am sending a responce to this thread because I have found the same issue with some of my plugins, I would look to see if there are any settings to yours and see if the option is there to turn off js from overriding what you are trying to do.

Just a suggestion. Hope you have that feature and it works out for you.

Tomi G

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Vlad – if you don’t have any luck getting the changes you want from the other plugin author, please feel free to post here and I will see if I can come up with a workaround.

Tomi – there isn’t currently a feature in Microthemer for blocking the Javascript of other plugins. In most cases, this would break desirable functionality (image sliders for instance often changes the CSS on the page dynamically in order to function properly). Issues such as these probably need to be dealt with on a case by case basis. And I’m happy to offer assistance in each case. If you’re able to provide a link to your site and a description of what you’re trying to do I may be able to offer a workaround for you.

Thanks,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.