Suggestion: Tooltips on preference footer icons

Author Posts

pingram3541

I was a bit wary to click on anything at first not knowing what it actually did. Watching the tutorials eventually gave me a little more comfort to poke further as some of the icon links were explained but still think its a good idea to add some tooltips if its not too much trouble, even if its simple title tags.

For now I simply used my browser’s inspector to identify where each link points to but others may not be so saavy =)

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for your suggestion. And sorry for the delay, I’ve been at a two-day wedding in Italy.

Can I just check which aspect of the interface you would like to see tooltips on? Most aspects of the Microthemer interface should already display tooltips after a short delay when you hover over things. If this isn’t happening for you, it might be that a plugin is interfering with our jQuery UI tooltip system. If so, I would be happy to take a look at your site if you could send login details via this secure contact form.

If not, I’m sure I would be happy to add tooltips anywhere we’ve missed out the would be useful.

Cheers,
Sebastian

pingram3541

The tooltips seem to be working everywhere else but when you open the General > Preferences modal, in the footer of that dialog there is a row of icons at the bottom that toggle between css output, export, import etc and that is where I wasn’t seeing the tooltips. Let me know if you’d prefer a screenshot. Cheers!

Sebastian

Ah, you’re absolutely right. That’s a new bug. We recently reduced the black area below the dialog to make more room for the dialog content. But didn’t notice that this obscures the tooltips there. I’ve logged the bug and we will fix this soon.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

pingram3541

Thanks Seb!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.