Target a Tooltip and search the DOM

Author Posts

quint

How does one target a tooltip in Microthemer? I would like to change the style according to device and would like to target the HTML elements that I have configured in the tooltip.

Also, is there a way to search the DOM displayed in the Advanced view? Is there a way to expand the Advanced view?

Thanks!

Sebastian

Hey,

That’s a good question. Because tooltips normally aren’t clickable, and then disappear when the mouse is moved away from the tooltip-triggering element. Could you please send me a link to your page with tooltips if the information below doesn’t give you what you need?

I found a workaround for jQuery UI tooltips which involves using Chrome’s browser inspector, rather than the Microthemer DOM inspector. I found a way to hack the tooltip behaviour so it doesn’t go away by doing: Right-click > Inspect as soon as the tooltip displays.

See this video for a demo: http://somup.com/cFVql6Vwni

And this video shows how to override native tooltips with HTML tooltips that can be styled with CSS (for others reading this post): http://somup.com/cFVqlaVwnD

In answer to your search question, you can use Control+F after clicking Microthemer’s HTML pane to search it.

You can’t currently expand the height of the advanced targeting controls. I know that would be a useful feature for the future. You can dock the targeting controls to the right to give the HTML pane more height, but personally I find the HTML easier to read when it wraps in the top-docked view.

I hope this help, I’m here if you need further assistance.

Thanks!
Sebastian

quint

Hello Sebastian,

That was one of the best, most comprehensive answers to a question I have ever received. Bottom line, what you’ve laid out addresses everything I asked. Thank you!

Cheers,

Quint

Sebastian

Hey Quint,

Very kind of you to say so. I’m glad I was able to help you solve your problem. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything.

Thanks,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.