TypeKit Fonts [does Microthemer work with them? – pre-sales question]

Tagged: ,

Author Posts

stanfordalan

Hi,

Does Microthemer work with TypeKit fonts?

This is a presales question, but I do have the trial.

Thanks!

Sebastian

Hi Stanford,

Yes, you can enter custom fonts including, Typekit fonts, by entering the name of your TypeKit font in the font-family field after following the instructions for setting up TypeKit on your site here: http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/6780-adding-fonts-to-your-site

See this screenshot: https://docs.google.com/a/themeover.com/file/d/0B2vCpmXg7SjlcVNTUnF1WnAtMlU/edit?usp=drivesdk (you can always input your own values in Microthemer dropdown menus, they’re all ‘comboboxes’.

We’re going to be improving the Google Fonts API soon (adding a search box, improving the look etc) and we’ve been discussing adding some options that will make integrating TypeKit much easier. We just need to look into the API options TypeKit provides.

But in the meantime, you can use TypeKit fonts as described above, you just need to include the javascript in the head of your HTML document yourself.

Cheers,

Sebastian

stanfordalan

I appreciate the complete answer, Sebastian! I’m especially glad to know the boxes allow for entries as well as existing selections.

Thanks again,

Stanford

wiperr

So (excitedly), when can we expect Search and other improvements for Microthemer’s Google Fonts screen? 🙂

Sebastian

Hmm, it’s definitely on the list but there are a few things things ahead of it in the queue. We’re currently prioritising improving the responsive features and creating a comprehensive responsive design tutorial for beginners. Google will start penalising sites that aren’t mobile friendly in it’s mobile search results on April 21st which bumps up the priority.

I’m sorry I can’t give you an exact date for the font improvements, it would be wild speculation if I tried.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.