Where Is the “ClassiPress Common Elements” Section?

Author Posts

ProfessorListIt

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I believe I have installed Blank ClassiPress. How do I tell?

The instruction state “Edit “ClassiPress Common Elements” Section First.” Where are the common elements?

Sebastian

Hi there,

Once you have installed “Blank ClassiPress” please go to the main Microthemer UI page and then import “Blank ClassiPress” into your workspace. You do this using the option in the fixed menu on the right (which may need expanding to be fully visible if you’re in the visual editing view).

This video explains importing/exporting: https://www.youtube.com/embed/oIPHFBWMHX4?vq=hd720&autoplay=1

Once you have imported “Blank ClassiPress” you should see lots of new sections appear.

If you need further assistance with anything please write back here and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Sebastian

ProfessorListIt

In that you stated “If you need further assistance with anything please write back here and I will be happy to help.” in the above reply I replied to wordpress@ [your site] twice but got the following message each time: “The following addresses had permanent fatal errors —– ”

I believe I have imported Blank ClassiPress and have a message “The Micro Theme zip package has been successfully uploaded and extracted.” I still don’t see “lots of new sections.”

Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry, I meant reply via the forum. If you received my forum response via email (after subscribing) I can see why you replied via email. I wasn’t actually aware the message would come from a wordpress@ address. I have now created this email address so that I receive messages from other customers that reply to the email in the same way. Thanks for alerting me to this.

The message you referenced “The Micro Theme zip package has been successfully uploaded and extracted.” applies to installing not importing. Did you see the option to “Import Settings” beneath the “Select Theme dropdown menu in the fixed menu on the right?

I’d be happy to have a look at the wordpress install you’re working on if you’re able to send me some login details via this secure contact form: https://themeover.com/support/pre-sales-enquiries/

Many thanks,

Sebastian

ProfessorListIt

Sebastian; I’ve just sent my log in info.

I am on the east cost of the United States. Are you in the UK?

How quickly do you typically respond especially to those of use in the United States?

Sebastian

Hi,

Yes I am based in the UK. I always respond as soon as I notice a question, or once I’ve researched a solution. Sometimes the US time difference causes a delay. Other times it’s not a problem.

I was able to login to your site and import the “Blank ClassiPress” theme pack you installed using the options in the right hand menu. I also slightly darkened the green text for the first selector in the common elements section just to make sure everything is working OK.

Please refer to the tutorial videos for learning other aspects of the program: https://themeover.com/support/microthemer-tutorials/

And if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Sebastian

ProfessorListIt

Thank you.

ProfessorListIt

Sebastian; You said “I also slightly darkened the green text for the first selector in the common elements section just to make sure everything is working OK.”

I would like to revert the header menu background to the original ClassiPress shade but I don’t know the code. How do I get back to the original background color?

Sebastian

Hey,

The change I made was setting the “Forecolor” value to #4D6E1C on the “Elements Affected By Scheme (only Adjust Forecolor)” selector – which is the first selector in the “Classipress Common Elements” section.

I have removed this setting now. My apologies, should have provided instructions on how to undo this yourself.

I you have any further questions I’m here to help.

Thanks,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.