Wizard no longer works? [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

jpyser

Hi

For some reason, every time I try to use the selector wizard now, instead of being able to create a selection, I always get this message:
‘Please enter some CSS selector code e.g. #header’

I’ve not seen this message before and have had no problem using the wizard until now. What has changed and what am I now doing wrong?

I have tried on a number of sites and always get the same message.

Many thanks

Jon

jpyser

Also, the ‘Targeting’ tab is always empty and there are no selections available in the ‘Inspector’ tab.

Tested on various browsers as well – nada.

jpyser

Right….this seems to be a problem with the Headway Framework. Just tried it on a site using a different theme and it works as it should.

Up to now, Microthemer has worked properly with Headway but it seems as though it doesn’t any more. Can anyone suggest how to solve this issue? What has changed that now makes Microthemer incompatible with Headway?

Thnx

jpyser

I couldn’t understand why the theme would be the issue so I did a bit more testing of the plugins used on the sites and I now know that the problem is not the theme but one of the plugins: Contact Form Maker.

With this plugin active, Microthemer does not detect any of the CSS selectors – even if the plugin is not actively used on that specific post or page. It is enough that the plugin is active to prevent Microthemer from working.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting efforts. I hadn’t come across that plugin before. But I’ve just installed it on my system and can see that there is a conflict between the two. I think I can solve this by editing Microthemer. I’ll work on a fix tomorrow and update you.

Cheers,
Sebastian

jpyser

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call excellent customer service! 🙂

Thanks Sebastian, much appreciated.

Sebastian

You’re too kind Jon.

I’ve released version 3.6.7 now which fixes the issue with the Contact Form Maker plugin and the selector wizard.

Please update and let me know if things are OK.

Thanks!
Sebastian

jpyser

You sir, are a genius. Thank you.

1st test works fine. I’ll test on all the sites and get back to you if it happens again. Thanks again for sorting this out so quickly.

Cheers
Jon

Sebastian

Great! Thanks for letting me know.

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.