Wrapping a really long URL link in footer

Author Posts

jassheridan

Hey.. I have a site with a really long email address URL in the footer. I need to display the entire URL but I was wanting some advice on wrap v no wrap. I’ve tried no-wrap in Microthemer but this didn’t work so I guess I’ve done it wrong. But…. irrespective can you pls give best advice to me with some options.

Sorry if this is vague, but I’d rather get advice than just a one stop fix for what I think is best. 🙂

Thanks

Sebastian

Hey,

Yes of course I’m happy to advise. Would you mind posting a link to the page you’re working on? Or send a link via our contact form if you would prefer to keep it private.

Thanks!
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey Jas,

Thanks for sharing the link. Right now, the email address wraps onto another line when the column is too narrow to display it on one line. And I actually think this is fine. It looks better than forcing white-space:nowrap, as that makes the email address overlap with text in the column to the right.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have further questions about this.

Cheers,
Sebastian

jassheridan

Thanks Sebastian… Totally happy with that response and thank you so much for responding. I do have a habit of over worrying 🙂

Cheers

Sebastian

Ha! You’re welcome 🙂

You must login or register to reply to this topic.