Reply To: Microthemer 5 Beta is tentatively ready for testing.

Author Replies
Sebastian # Posted on May 11, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I’ve been addressing all of your helpful comments about the V5 beta over the past month. Here is the new beta version 5.0.0.1.

I will release it once it’s passed some final checks, and found a way to speed up the advanced HTML inspector. @Nelmedia highlighted that this can run very slowing on large themes that output lots of HTML elements. He’s kindly given me access to a theme that outputs 11K lines of HTML. If I can get it running smoothly on that, it should be workable for most users. Did anyone else find it to be slow with their theme?

I’ll explain the amendments in this version in roughly the order they were requested.

@Galen and @majamaki

color and more

1. I’ve added color palettes to the color picker, which as you can see can be dragged to any position
    • It samples colors from your website (not just the theme), which can be re-sampled on a per-page basis.
    • It automatically saves the last 12 colors as you work with the color picker.
    • And it has the ability to save colours to a custom palette.
    • The site/saved palettes are accessible via the 3 dots at the bottom right of the recent colors palette.
  2. @dmccan, Microthemer shows ‘Settings saved’ notification in the top right after each auto-save to reassure the user they don’t have to save on exit or any other point. It also has a link to the history table for easily undoing actions.
  3. @dmccan The target mode toggle uses the word ‘Target’ to be a bit clearer. The shortcut for switching code editor view has been removed. A keyboard shortcut can be used in addition to the switch in the ‘View’ menu: Ctrl+Alt+C

@Abland

color and more

1. I’ve added a link to some getting started tips (see next screenshot), which appears on first install.
  2. These tips can be accessed any time from the help menu (first option)
  3. The menu design has been updated. Not all action icons show by default to keep things simpler. Hidden actions can be accessed via the new ‘show more actions’ toggle.
  4. Adding a new folder is done with a button. The new folder can be instantly renamed.

color and more

@dmccan

color and more

1. You asked for this many moons ago. I’ve added an option to re-target an existing selector via the selector wizard. The icon used to be used for selector re-ordering.
  2. The new selector reorder icon is horizontal lines, which only appear when hovering over a selector.

Other Changes

The same code/label toggle system is used when editing an existing selector. You may notice that blue dots are used to indicate when styles have been applied, rather than the feathers.

color and more

The option for adding :nth-of-type() pseudo selectors has a dropdown menu of suggestions. Although I’ve just noticed a bug whereby selecting, then changing, values that have a plus in are not replaced properly (I think the + is being treated as a special character by regex). I’ll fix that before releasing the final version.

color and more

I’ve removed the prev/next selector nav arrows from top toolbar. I’m happy to return these if they were popular, but maybe to the right of the selector name in the top toolbar.

Bugs Fixed

@Galen
, MT should work with max mega menu, even with the first and last option enabled. Could you check this on your site?

Also, is it easier to drag selectors between folder on this version? I haven’t added multi-select or folder-open-on-hover. I haven’t yet added all plugin stylesheets to the menu for importing CSS stylesheets, but I’ll do it soon.

@mrover
, could you see if this error has been resolved?
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in D:\INSTANT-WORDPRESS\WP_4.7 BASE w MicrothemerBETA\iwpserver\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\microthemer\tvr-microthemer.php on line 2821

I’m not sure why the history time was wrong. But I’ve added the actual time as a tooltip when you hover over ‘x minutes ago’. Could you let me know what the actual times are for the misreported ‘ago’ values?

Thanks again for taking the time to help us make Microthemer better!

Sebastian