[BUG] "Use !important" is being deselected in preferences

Author Posts

ddenev

Hi Sebastian,

There one very strange problem that I noticed recently. Unfortunately, it is hard to reproduce (I cannot find the pattern) but I’ll try to explain.

I have 2 selectors (let’s call it A and B) for which “width” is set with “important” on (via the “i” icon to the right of the control). Now, as I work with Microthemer (nothing related to A and B), sometimes the “important” of the “width” for A and B gets turned off.

This happened several times while I was working the last 3 days. The thing is that I notice the change too late to find a connection b/w what I was doing and the change. Today I spend 30 minutes trying to reproduce it but couldn’t.

I don’t know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong but I guess it would be nice for you to know that – maybe it will ring a bell 🙂

Thank you in advance.

ddenev

Update: it happened again!

The closest I have come to reproducing it is: this happens (not every time though) when I create e new selector – I am using the Target button and clicking on an element. The element I am clicking on has nothing to do with the affected elements A and B.

Note: As a workaround in this particular case I switched to using specificity but there are cases where I am forced to use “important” (e.g. it is used in the provider’s CSS and I need to override it)

ddenev

Another observation: I just needed to fix a “margin: auto!important” from the Elementor’s stylesheet and set my “margin: 0!important” on a selector. This was reset after several refreshes in Microthemer and the “!important” was back to off 🙁

Seems more and more like a bug

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for providing such detailed reporting on this. It definitely sounds like a bug. I will troubleshoot it first thing Monday morning. In the meantime, as a quick fix you could enter !important manually into the margin fields along with the margin value.

I’ll update you when I’ve released a fix.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey,

I’ve just released version 5.1.6.0 which fixes this issue. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience this bug caused. And thanks again for providing such a detailed description of the issue, it really helped me replicate then address the problem.

Cheers,
Sebastian

ddenev

Hey, Sebastian

Thank you so much for the swift fix! I will pay attention in the next days and will let you know in case of any issues.

Best regards,
Drago

Sebastian

Great, thanks.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.