design packs? [are they required for complex designing?]

Tagged: 

Author Posts

joehark

I have a real estate theme I’d like to freshen up. For example – I’d like to put a Text widget in the header. I’d like to change the width of the sidebars. I want to move the home page photo slider. I want to change the layout of the property listings page (which are actually Posts with custom fields.)

Would I need a design pack to do that? Or is it possible to do that now without a design pack?

Sebastian

Hi Joe,

The design packs are not essential for making customizations with Microthemer, they will simply take some of the labor out of the process. I recommend that you try redesigning your header and moving your gallery using the free trial: https://themeover.com/microthemer-free-trial/

If you need assistance with anything, I’m here.

joehark

​Thanks for that info. Please look at AISVG.com. How can I move the “widget “Search by Location – Price – Type” into the blank space in the right side of the header?

Also I want to swap the sidebar/content areas so the sidebar is on the left. Can that be done in Themeover?

Sebastian

Hi Joe,

I’m afraid I don’t have time to answer this thoroughly right now as I’m just about to catch a train. I can tell you more on Sunday. But for now:

1. Move the widget up by setting position to absolute and then increase to bottom property value or set a negative top value.
  2. Swap the sidebar and main content by swapping the left/right values for the float property on both elements./li>

Cheers!
Sebastian

joehark

Thanks – I will try to use that. If I have a problem I’ll leave a msg and ask for help. But if I can do it myself I would rather.

Sebastian

OK, I’m back now if you need further clarification on anything.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.