Edit the selector's range

Author Posts

robertlo

I missed covering one of the widgets in my sidebar with a selector. Can I edit the range of the selector to include that widget, or do I need to delete that selector and create a new one to cover the entire range I need covered?

Thanks,
Rob

Sebastian

Hi Rob,

You can edit a selector’s underlying CSS code by clicking it’s name in the top toolbar. But if you’re not familiar with CSS selectors that won’t help you much. You will need to use the selector wizard again.

One option would be to start again with a new selector. But another option is to launch the selector wizard and then adjust your targeting range by hovering over the items on the Targeting tab and clicking an appropriate one. Instead of creating a new selector you could copy the selector code from the wizard and paste it in the current selector’s textarea as described above (clicking it’s name in the top toolbar). That way you won’t lose any styles you’ve added to the current selector that misses one of the widgets.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Sebastian

robertlo

Yes. I just started the wizard again and found the correct target. Then I just changed the selector I needed to change to that. Worked perfectly.

And Microthemer is so cool. Generally, I can just firebug to find the CSS to edit, but it’s not always that easy to find the right CSS to edit – at least for me as I’m not a true developer or programmer. And then I don’t know all the css code by memory, so I then would have to find that online. Then I would need to edit the custom css, save and make sure it did what I wanted it to.

Microthemer rules!

Sebastian

Hey Robert,

Thanks a lot for sharing your kind words. I’ve added your comment as a testimonial. I can remove it any time though.

It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying Microthemer.

Cheers,
Sebastian

robertlo

No problem. You can keep it there.

Sebastian

Thanks 🙂

You must login or register to reply to this topic.