How to use with Beaver Builder (I'm stuck)

Author Posts

donna200

Please get the BB parts working right i started looking at this back in Nov 1-15 you replyed.

Hey Donna, unfortunately we haven’t rolled out the new selector wizard yet. If you sign up to our edge mode newsletter you will get notified when we pilot it in edge mode, which will be a few weeks before it is officially released.

That is Nine months now that you posted would be a few weeks. So now i did buy it as on June 18th you replyed
Hey Donna, Microthemer hasn’t been optimized for Beaver Builder yet. But that’s still on the to do list. It shouldn’t be too long now.

Now that i have it seems like a good tool but not to use with BB as it is still not optimized for Beaver Builder yet.

Is this going to be done very soon or is another Nine months going to go by i really would like to be using this now! that i paid for it?

Sebastian

Hi Donna,

First of all, I’m sorry about what I now realise was a wildly optimistic estimate. A series of other smaller features got prioritised over the last 9 months, and the css and responsive design tutorial took longer than planned. I’ve recently learned to stop making time estimates because I get them wrong far more than I get them right.

I’m also sorry that you purchased Microthemer mainly for BB integration changes that haven’t yet been implemented. I didn’t deliberately mislead you. A few weeks was my plan at the time. But that did turn out to be a very inaccurate forecast. And as a result, I would be happy to refund your initial purchase. Please send me your PayPal transaction id via our contact form.

Our plans for the new selector wizard have evolved, which is why we deferred it’s development. It will take more than a few weeks to develop, but will hopefully be worth that wait. And it is the very next major feature which I’m very excited to start work on.

Cheers,
Sebastian

cloud711

I’m frustrated to read this as I run BB as well and just purchased the developer edition a few hours ago. That really is unfortunate as a CSS tool like this for BB will be essential.

mrshiney

It’s works great with BB as is. This is just going to make it even better 😉

cloud711

I completely disagree that it works great with BB. Extremely buggy.

cloud711

I’ll test it again using a different computer system to see how it works. Perhaps this will make a difference.

lynnr321

Hi everyone,

I’ve been stuck as well and came across something that I’m just putting out there that worked for me. I was unable to select a certain H2 tagged item because another H2 item was on the page (being pulled in from a post), so I couldn’t select the one item that I needed to change.

What I did was to go into the page builder > text module for the h2 item > advanced and added a class and id. Then I went back into microthemer and voila, the selection was perfect. Not sure it will work everytime, but it worked for me on this.

Also, I found that if I first work within the BB modules to get them as far as possible for the look I’m going for, then in Microthemer, it’s much easier. For example, I set several elements to ‘large and medium devices only’ so they don’t display on a smart phone. Then I only needed to adjust the text that I wanted placed on the smart phone to the right font size in Microthemer.

Hope that’s helpful. Saved me a bunch of headaches. -Lynn

Sebastian

Lynn, thank you so much for sharing your workaround. Adding manual classes and ids is indeed a good solution for making single elements individually targetable. In a future release, we plan to reduce the need to do this by building more complex nth-of-type selectors into the selector wizard. This will be good for users that may struggle to insert their own ids and classes. But due to limitations of CSS pseudo element selectors like nth-of-type, MT cannot ever truly eliminate the need to occasionally insert custom ids and classes in BB or any WP theme. And so your advice will no doubt be applicable to many BB users.

Your advice about working in BB first and then styling with MT is also greatly appreciated Lynn. I’ve heard other BB users say this too.

@mrshiney
thanks a lot for your support.

@cloud711
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been frustrated. I’m be happy to take a look at your install and troubleshot any issues you’ve encountered.

Cheers!
Sebastian

cloud711

Thanks for the share and helpful information. I’ll certainly take a closer look at it and see how this works out. I’ll pass along some feedback once I’ve tested.

Thanks again!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.