Microthemer won't load if J7 Admin Spider plugin is enabled

Author Posts

Norm6257

Hi Sebastian,

New WP site with BeaverBuilder…

I’m not sure if this is a problem with Admin Spider or Microthemer. I’ve eliminated plugins until it is a combination of the two.

When those two are enabled together, Microthemer will not load the preview.

Jay at J7 is usually very responsive and I’ll also send him a note. I’m wondering if the two of you could coordinate and figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
-Norm

eagle

Had issue with MT >> couldn’t load BB from MT View menu >> Enable Beaver Builder.
Went into Admin Page Spider and Changed selection >> Hide Beaver Builder’s Editor Select dropdown?
Changed to HIDE.

After that MT >> View > Enable BB – loaded BB just fine.

Norm6257

Nice call… however hiding Beaver Builders Editor Select dropdown didn’t work for me. But hiding the Microthemer dropdown menu worked.

https://www.screencast.com/t/oGCNztGPJ7p

Settings to bypass the conflict

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Well done for proactively finding workarounds for this. Of course it would be better if everything worked first time. So I’ll have a play with both plugin to see what can be done at the Microthemer end. And if necessary, contact Jay to discuss a solution. Thanks for sharing his email @NormsIM. I’ve saved it and removed it from this thread now.

I’ll write back here with an update on my progress.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Just to update you. I’ve been working with Jay to find a fix for the issue. He should hopefully release an update to Admin Page Spider Pro soon, which will solve the issue.

Thanks again for your help in identifying the source of the conflict.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Norm6257

Thanks Sebastian for looking at this and working with Jay. He put out a patch already and so far it seems to be working. I am noticing some significant site speed degredation, but I’m not sure if that is due to MT / Admin Spider combination of if there is some other factor. If so, I’ll open another ticket.

But I would say close this issue as it seems to be working now. 🙂

Sebastian

OK, thanks for the update.

Does the speed issue persist when the spider plugin is inactive, but MT is active? I’d be happy to troubleshoot this for you.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.