preview looks fine, but not seeing all changes [when logged out]

Author Posts

Koda1021

Hi,
I’m sure that this is totally user error, as WP is a whole new learning curve for me. I’m working in a temporary staging site – http://1f5.8c9.myftpupload.com/

I purchased Themeover and love it. But, I’m noticing two strange things, looking at the site within WP I can see the changes I’ve made, but when I log out and look at the site, I’m not seeing some of the changes. For instance, the font updates I made worked (as did the rollover text, etc.) but I’m not seeing the changes to the header and footer background (I changed both to a light purple). I did adjust the margins/padding on the header bar, and do see those as well, so did I accidentally not choose the right selector? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Sebastian

Hey,

Sometimes this can be caused by caching (e.g. see this post: https://themeover.com/forum/topic/changes-not-saving/). Other times it’s because your theme outputs slightly different HTML to logged-in vs non-logged-in users. This seems to be the case with your current situation

Microthemer has picked up on a class that is added to the body tag only for logged-in users. It has done this for your ‘Header Bar’ and ‘Footer Background’ selector. This is the selector code Microthemer is currently using:

/* Header Bar */
body.customize-support nav.no-js-drop
/* Footer Background */
body.customize-support footer.bg-dark

You can solve this by removed the .customize-support bits from both selectors so you have:

/* Header Bar */
body nav.no-js-drop
/* Footer Background */
body footer.bg-dark

You can change this by clicking the name of the current selector in the top toolbar. And when using the selector wizard, please avoid any suggestions that include .customize-support. I’ve seen this class come up before, I will ensure that Microthemer ignore that class in the next release.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Sebastian

Koda1021

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly! I knew it was user error on my part! Much appreciated!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.