Search & Replace

Author Posts

CraigPaterson

Hi Sebastian,

I have tried a search in the forums regarding being able to search for a specific colour and change it globally, but can’t see anything other than it is a feature which may be added in the future.

Is this feature available yet? Or have I just not looked closely enough?

Best regards,
Craig

Sebastian

Hi Craig,

Could you point me to the post where this issue was raised? MT version 7 has a search feature for searching the styles you create in Microthemer? And a sample site colors feature in the color picker (click the 3 dots). But there is no automated way of changing all instances of a color across the site. MT would need to scan all stylesheets on all pages of the site in order to know which selectors to use, which isn’t feasible in practice. Of course if you’re setting the colors yourself from the get go, you can use CSS variables to make colors easily changeable.

See this video on using CSS variables with Microthemer.

Cheers,
Sebastian

CraigPaterson

Hi Sebastian,

Here’s the link – https://themeover.com/forum/topic/improvment-request-css-search-feature/

It was only the colours used within MT that I was looking to search and replace.

Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely check out the CSS variables video. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Craig

Sebastian

OK, yes that search of MT stuff feature is done in version 7, which is still in beta, you can try using the online demo, or download from My Downloads.

CraigPaterson

Thanks Sebastian.

I just tried the demo and the replace feature doesn’t seem to work for me. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

screen grab

Sebastian

Sorry I forgot to mention, there isn’t a replace feature yet, just search right now. But I will add that in future. I just wanted people to try the search first as their may be some changes requested that would affect a replace feature.

And by the way, you can customise the views for version 7, keeping the options on the top if you prefer.

CraigPaterson

Ah, OK. That’s good to know.

v7 is already looking good, and I think I like the new layout as it is (at the moment). Will keep trying it as it is and see if there are any issues.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Sebastian

Ah please do, feedback is greatly appreciated 🙂

You must login or register to reply to this topic.