Theme Compatability [geotheme jquery conflict – RESOLVED]

Tagged: ,

Author Posts

In2biz

I am using a theme called geotheme.

It seem to be overriding the default jquery on wp.

How can I get microthemer functioning in this instance?

In2biz

My install is here http://dataset.wpengine.com/

Thanks

Sebastian

Hi there,

I could help you remove the code in GeoTheme that replaces the standard WordPress version of jQuery with a custom one (1.8) but it’s quite likely that this may break some existing functionality. I’m just guessing here, but GeoTheme might contain resources that only work with jQuery 1.8, and not the modern jQuery.

Are you running the latest version of GeoTheme? If not, updating could be the simplest solution (assuming GeoTheme no longer replaces jQuery in it’s latest version – WordPress started recommending against this practice a while ago).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Sebastian

In2biz

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the quick response.

I would be happy to work out how to swap out jquery and give it a try. i already tried updating theme and wp.

If i can then build a decent default skin with microthemer that would be fine.

worst case we can run 1.8 in prod.

Happy to provide whatever access needed to simplify the process.

Thanks

Sebastian

OK great, please send FTP details for your site via this secure contact form: https://themeover.com/support/contact/

I will download your theme and locate the line of code that replaces jQuery. If you’d like to keep the live site using jQuery 1.8, I will just email you the modified file with instructions on where to place it rather than replace it on the live server. You can then use the modified file on your development copy of the site.

Cheers,
Sebastian

In2biz

Hi there

I sent the access details via the contact form a while back.

Please advise.

Thanks

Sebastian

Hi there,

You must have not received my email. I sent back the modified add_js.php theme file the same day you emailed me. I’ll resend it now. Please let me know if you receive it.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Here is what I did (may be quicker than waiting for the file to come through via email).

Go to your GeoTheme theme directory, then locate and open the following file: library/js/add_js.php

Then change 2nd and 3rd line from this:

wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
wp_register_script('jquery', get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/library/js/jquery.min.js',false,'1.8.3');

to this:

//wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
//wp_register_script('jquery', get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/library/js/jquery.min.js',false,'1.8.3');

By putting the forward slashes // in front of the lines you will comment them out so they don’t take effect and the normal jQuery will be included.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.