"Write Stylesheet error" Beaver Builder Page Builder

Author Posts

grapharadesign

Hi all,

Brand new to Microthemer and trying to use it on some of my sites that I have built using Beaver Builder page builder. Now I know that there are loads of people who use the two together but I seem to be running into a problem with “Write stylesheet error” – please can someone help me figure out how to solve this problem? I’m not the most technical so please use layman’s terms where possible! thanks 🙂

Sebastian

Hey,

The “Write stylesheet error” happens when server permissions prevent Microthemer from writing it’s CSS styles to the following file: /wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css

The following article by WordPress explains the recommended permissions and how to change them yourself using an FTP Client like Filezilla: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, or if your web hosting runs on Windows rather than Linux, I recommend that you open a support ticket with your webhost and ask them to change the permissions so that Microthemer has write access to the /wp-content/micro-themes/ directory and sub-directories / files.

I hope that helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Sebastian

grapharadesign

hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your advice, I tried doing it myself and got nowhere so asked my hosts and this is the reply:

“I’m taking a look at that site, and I’m not seeing the folder path it’s referring to: /wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css

I’ve attached a screenshot of your file structure. I’m not sure microthemer is installed correctly. ”

I cant attach the screenshot it seems on here but he seems to think its not downloaded correctly. Not sure what to do considering microthemer loads up and everything on the site using the download from my account….

Actually, come to think of it, another client’s website (with his own hosting plan with the same host) is giving me the same issue when I download Microthemer on there. Maybe that might give some insight into what the issue is.

Thanks,
Farah

Sebastian

Hey Farah,

It’s possible that the /wp-content/micro-themes folder isn’t there because Microthemer doesn’t have permission to create it. So the permissions theory might still be good. Would you mind sending me access details for your site via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot this?

Many thanks,
Sebastian

grapharadesign

Hi Sebastian, I filled out a form with log in details for you.

Thanks,
Farah

Sebastian

Thanks Farah, I replied to your email suggesting how to work with your host to overcome the permissions issue, which I feel confident is the cause. And to offer further help if you don’t get far with your web host.

Cheers,
Sebastian

grapharadesign

Hi Sebastian,

This is the reply I got from my web hosts:

“Hi Farah-

The wp-content folder is already set to higher permissions than microthemer is asking for. By default, folders are set to 775 on our platform. I was able to create that folder manually without issue. Just let me know if you have any other questions.”

And yet when I’ve gone into the site again it wont let me – still the same error appears 🙁

grapharadesign

Hello Sebastian,

This is the reply i’ve had from my web host – not sure whats going on there 🙁

Hi Farah-

According to that screen shot, the double ‘//’ concerns me. I’ve already created the folder manually for this site, and it has a 775 permission. If there’s a bug somewhere causing that double slash, that could be related.

Thanks,
Darrell

Sebastian

Hey Darrell,

I’ve been trying out various updates to Microthemer’s code on the site Farah provided me with access to. The double slashes was actually just a type in the error message. The actual file path didn’t include extra slashes. However, the file path was unexpected. Microthemer was indeed running into permission problems because it was trying to create the /micro-themes folder in the wrong directory.

After trying out a number of alternative ways of getting the correct path to the /wp-content directory on your server, I found a solution. I have now got Microthemer working on your site. I will email you a copy of the new version of Microthemer so you can install it on other sites. I would like to hold off releasing a general update until I have tested the new system on multiple server environments.

Sorry for the bother. I’m glad we got there in the end!
Thanks,
Sebastian

grapharadesign

Hi Sebastian,

That’s amazing thank you!! 🙂

You must login or register to reply to this topic.